Carers & Companions
We only provide the very best carers and companions. We have a portfolio of trusted carers, both men and women, all of whom have been DBS checked (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) and are registered after they’ve passed a stringent screening process.
Standards are high.
- are DBS checked and over 18 years old
- have provided at least two references which we’ve checked thoroughly
- are assessed for their level of experience and character
- are kind, friendly and helpful
- are self employed
We always provide a carer who can provide the services you require, and we always try to keep them as local as possible.
All our carers are trustworthy and capable individuals, many of whom have years of experience in care.
Screening process for carers:
- All carers have completed a detailed application form outlining personal information as well as all of their education and previous experience.
- All carers hold an enhanced DBS.
- All carers have passed an interview.
- All carers are UK citizens, permanent residents or have permission to work in the UK.
- All carers have provided a minimum of two excellent, verifiable references all of which are checked thoroughly.
- We collect Photo ID and Proof of Address for every carer.
- All carers agree to Like Minders’ code of conduct and terms and conditions.
- All carers are issued with a Like Minders ID Card.
- Many carers hold up to date 1st Aid – we work closely with First Aid for Life who give preferential rates to Like Minders carers and clients. We recommend all carers take a course at least every three years. Details: Mon-Fri courses and Sat courses.
- We work closely with Onfido Background Checks. If you are a carer and require a new enhanced DBS please contact us and we’ll put you in touch with them.
- We recommend carers have their own insurance – more details available from Morton Michel.
Safeguarding clients and carers
- We make it a priority to safeguard both our clients and our carers.
- If we receive reports of abuse or neglect in any situation, we will immediately report this to the next of kin, local authority or police, if necessary.
- We insist that our carers only work in safe working environments.
- We always promote mutual respect in any care placement.
- We consistently ask for feedback on each and every one of our carers to maintain our high level of care.
Call us on 0844 879 7189, or email us.
For more information on your rights as a carer please visit The Carers Direct helpline