You’ll only find the best child carers at Like Minders.
We have a portfolio of experienced carers – all are DBS checked (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) and have passed a stringent screening process.
We seek feedback on every carer to consistently ensure we maintain the highest standard of care.
Standards are high
- provide at least two professional references which we’ve checked thoroughly;
- are assessed for their level of experience and are ‘matched’ accordingly;
- are used to coming to a new home and caring for children they’ve only just met.
We always provide a carer whose experience matches the age of the children being cared for.
All our carers are trustworthy and capable individuals, many of whom are trained in childcare and have years of experience behind them – they range from experienced babysitters, qualified nannies, primary and nursery school teachers, medical students, maternity nurses and registered childminders.
Screening process for carers:
- All have completed a detailed application form outlining personal information as well as all of their education and previous experience.
- All hold an enhanced DBS.
- All have passed an interview.
- All have relevant experience.
- All are UK citizens, permanent residents or have permission to work in the UK.
- All have provided a minimum of two excellent, verifiable references all of which are checked thoroughly.
- We collect Photo ID and Proof of Address for every carer.
- All agree to Like Minders’ code of conduct and terms and conditions.
- All are issued with a Like Minders ID Card.
- Many hold up to date first Aid – we work closely with First Aid for Life who give preferential rates to Like Minders carers and clients. We recommend all carers take a course at least every three years. Details: Mon-Fri courses and Sat courses.
- We work closely with Onfido Background Checks. If you are a carer and require a new enhanced DBS please contact us and we’ll put you in touch with them.
- We recommend carers have their own insurance – more details available from Morton Michel.
Safeguarding clients and carers
- We make it a priority to safeguard both our clients and our carers.
- If we receive reports of abuse or neglect in any situation, we will immediately report this to the next of kin, local authority or police, if necessary.
- We insist that our carers only work in safe working environments.
- We always promote mutual respect in any care placement.
- We consistently ask for feedback on each and every one of our carers to maintain our high level of care.
Email us here