Babysitting Tips for Parents
We understand how difficult it can be to leave your child with a new babysitter, so Bryony has a few tips we hope may make it a little easier for you.
- For your first booking make sure you book the babysitter to turn up an hour before you are due to go out. That way you can show them around, advise on what you would like them to do and watch them interact with your child.
- Leave detailed instructions outlining your child/ren’s routine. If you are a member you will be provided with a Contacts and Information sheet which you should fill out and leave for the babysitter.
- Take the telephone number of the babysitter and make sure they have yours in case they need to contact you.
- Ask the babysitter to text you at hourly intervals or a few times throughout the day or evening so that you can feel at ease.
- Don’t go far for the first time, go for drinks or dinner near to your home so you can go back easily if you feel uncomfortable or even want to check in half way through.
- Leave a pashmina or an item of clothing which has your scent on it. If your child is not happy the babysitter can let them smell it and it will calm them down.
Contact us on email@example.com
It’s hard to believe it was two years ago that I began corresponding with you from Seattle before we even moved. I can honestly say that you have been one of the main reasons we have been able to enjoy our stay in London so thoroughly. Thank you for everything and most of all, for introducing us to dear Isobel (my English niece!).
- Stephanie Ellis-Smith, Chelsea